1. Groove Cafe – With its retro decor and comfortable feel, this little cafe has been around Annerley for the longest of all our breaky spots. Owner and chef Michelle cooks up amazing meals which don’t break the budget and are not so large that you feel overstuffed at the end of your meal. With options such as Scrambled Eggs and Chorizo, Corn Fritters with Rocket, Sour Cream and Homemade Relish or Thyme Buttered Mushrooms on Toast, you’re sure to find something delicious to start your day.
2. Billykart Kitchen – An impressive cafe in the backstreets of Annerley with food prepared by a celebrity chef no less! Ben O’Donohue’s menu is elegant and interesting with a great selection including Aussie Asian Breakfast, Duck egg with 2 king prawns, bacon and chilli andMexican Breakfast, chorizo, beans, chipotle salsa, two poached eggs, tortillas. This is a light and breezy establishment where you’ll get excellent service and a delicious breakfast.
3. Dudley Street Espresso – One of the best coffee houses on the Southside, this tiny cafe is often packed with locals hanging out for their morning brew. Owner Leticia also makes up fantastic Breakfast Wraps, Bacon and Egg Muffins and Ham and Cheese Toasties. With one long shared table and some smaller seating areas, it’s still a comfortable place to sit and hang out with a breakfast date or read one of the provided papers or magazines. It’s a great place for people watching too as it’s right on the main drag of Ipswich Road.
4. Bennies Cafe – A vibrant indoor/outdoor cafe with heart, this business is run by the enigmatic Taylor who cares as much about her human customers as their canine companions. With a great selection of gluten free and other specialty foods, you’ll find something perfect for anyone. The staff here also look after the children with babycinos and other great kids’ treats. With a focus on local, Taylor and her staff are more than happy to direct you to any other fun shopping destinations in the area after you’ve finished your morning meal.
5. Cafe O Mai – If you’ve never had a Pork Crackling Banh Mi then you’ve hardly lived. With fabulous service and a cute venue, there’s plenty of seating for a lazy breakfast with mates. With the option of takeaway for the delicious Vietnamese baguettes, you can even just pop in for your food and coffee then be on with your day. O Mai’s Phat Breakfast with Eggs, Lemongrass pork sausage, bacon, mushroom and sourdough will put the pep back in your step if you’ve had a big night and you’ll soon be telling all your friends about this gem in Chardon’s Corner.